Doctor Modes™ v5.42 software screenshots. The software is available for Windows 64 bit and supports 4K resolution.
1. Start-up screen.
Start-up screen. Choose method, geometry and press "RUN" to simulate.
No complex editor! → No training needed!
2. Channel waveguide in SOI platform solved by exact method (Sine). Field distribution in 1D/2D.
Simulated channel waveguide in SOI platform with Exact solution (Sine Basis).
The field distribution of the 1st and 2nd modes are shown in 1D and 2D space. Due to symmetry, only half of the terms are practically in used in each axis.
3. Channel waveguide in non-dispersive platform solved via exact method (Fourier) near cut-off.
Simulated channel waveguide near cutoff conditions (Exact - Fourier). The field distribution of the fundamental mode and its convergence analysis are displayed. 5-digits convergence is achieved.
4. Parallel rib waveguides in SOI platform solved by EIM method. Field distribution in 2D/3D space.
Simulated parallel rib waveguides (directional coupler form) with EIM method. Field is plotted in 2D/3D space for the fundamental mode.
5. General Settings dialog box | Graph-Enlarge window.
Enlarge graph and fonts to suit your documents. Add tags, perform data analysis and inspect fits. The graph can be printed, saved or copied to clipboard.
Apply new setting to inspect the results.
6. Parallel channel waveguides in LiNbO3 platform solved by Marcatili method. Polarization map.
Simulated a parallel LiNbO3 channel waveguides at 5°C above room temperature (Marcatili method). A polarization map of the 4th mode is shown in 2D/3D space.
7. Detailed mode information.
Detailed information about mode E2,1. The details include information such as software (algorithm) error, resolution and equation's parameters values.
8. Trapeze waveguide in SOI platform solved by exact method (Hermite). Electro-Optical analysis.
Simulated trapeze waveguide with erfc (error function) profile in SOI platform under a doped slab (Exact - Hermite). The doping can be the result of an applied voltage over an electrical electrode such as a PN/PIN diode or a MOS capacitor.
The profile of neff as a function of the doping, or otherwise, as function of an induced carriers caused by applied voltage. The fit equation can act as a dispersion profile in Lord PICS™ to analyze electro-optic effects.
The field component Hy of the 1st mode in 2D space.
9. Parallel trapeze waveguides in SOI solved by exact method (Fourier). Dispersion analysis.
Analysis of waveguide dispersion (neff) and propagation constant (βz) for the 2nd mode, E2,1. Equations for dispersion can be derived via the Fitting-Tool. The equations can act as dispersion profiles in Lord PICS™ to analyse a coupler.
10. Circle waveguide in Fiber platform solved by 2D Maxwell method. Field and power distributions.
Simulated a typical Multi-Mode Fiber waveguide in SiO2 platform via Circle (maxwell) method. The field and power distribution of different modes are shown in 2D space.
11. Circle waveguide in Fiber platform solved by 2D Maxwell method. Linearly Polarized – LP modes.
Linearly Polarized (LP) Modes of a fiber waveguide are inspected. The power and polarization distributions of different LP modes are displayed in 2D space.
12. Parallel circle waveguides in Fiber platform solved by exact method (Sine). Field distribution.
Simulated parallel fiber waveguides in SiO2 platform (Exact - Sine). The field and power distributions of the fundamental mode are plotted in 2D space.
13. Rib waveguide in SOI platform solved by exact method (Hermite). Structure analysis.
Analysis of the total number of modes, which can be supported by a doped (1e18cmˉ³ holes) rib waveguide, with respect to its width and heights.
14. Slab waveguide, non-dispersive platform, solved via 1D Maxwell. Mode confinement analysis.
Analyze the confinement efficiency of a slab mode by scanning the
waveguide's height and refractive indices.
15. Parallel trapeze waveguides in SOI solved by exact method (Fourier). Asymmetry due to doping.